Newest ForeScout CounterACT Features PCI Compliance Kit
CounterACT Helps Enterprises Control Access to Cardholders’ Private Data
and Achieve PCI DSS Compliance
Cupertino, Calif. (www.AllPayNews.com) — 16 June 2008 — ForeScout Technologies, the leading provider of clientless network access control (NAC) for Fortune 500 enterprises and government organisations, today announced the release of a Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance Kit to compliment the launch of CounterACT version 6.3. The kit contains 21 pre-defined policies and configurable reports that plug-in to CounterACT to address eight of the 12 requirements of the PCI Data Security Standard (DSS). Because CounterACT is deployed “out-of-band,” the PCI policies can be implemented quickly without disruption to business.
The payment card industry established the PCI DSS for the protection of cardholder information in response to widely publicised security breaches. Enforced through compulsory IT audits today, the PCI DSS helps to ensure the security and protection of cardholders’ personal data. Companies governed by the PCI DSS, grappling with how to control access to private data, have looked to ForeScout for help.
According to T. Kent Elliott, ForeScout CEO: “ForeScout is committed to meeting the business requirements of our customers with an easy-to-deploy, easy-to-manage network access control platform. With this release we are addressing one of the major pain points facing enterprise network managers today: meeting PCI compliance requirements in a cost-effective and non-disruptive manner. With the introduction of CounterACT 6.3 featuring the PCI Compliance Kit, we have met this demand, further demonstrating ForeScout’s NAC leadership and commitment to developing technology designed for the real world.”
“Passing PCI compliance audits is a top concern facing network security professionals today,” stated Lawrence Orans, research director at Gartner. “While there is no one solution that covers all 12 sections of the PCI data security standard, some NAC technologies and best practices can help simplify the process of achieving regulatory compliance.”
Highlighted features in CounterACT 6.3 include:
- PCI Compliance Kit. The easy-to-use kit offers a simple wizard that guides users through a comprehensive PCI audit process and provides remediation options to help speed PCI compliance.
- Baselining for Compliance. A baseline can be established to trim time to compliance. The implementation is in a form of a “track changes” mechanism that provides the ability to create policies that detect endpoint changes during a specific session. Using this feature, users can detect impersonation attempts, maintain endpoint health, and assure server hardening.
- Peripheral Protection. Portable media, such as a USB mass storage device connecting from the endpoint, can now be detected and remediated.
- Localisation. Reports and endpoint notifications are now available in local languages.
- Out-of-the-Box Policies. New out-of-the-box policies embody the best practices of global customers and can be deployed within minutes.
- Increased Searchable Indexed Information. Google-like search launched from an Internet Explorer or Firefox browser provides the ability to quickly find connected / connecting network assets.
- Expanded Network / Application Integration. Plug-ins offered for 3Com, Alcatel, NEC and Enterasys switches, Cisco ASA, Microsoft WSUS and Windows CE, plus extended integration with anti-virus/spyware/adware and personal firewall vendors, speeds CounterACT deployment in all environments.
- Expanded Endpoint Interrogation. Provides complete coverage of user-based platforms, including Macintosh and Linux, without requiring any code reside on the endpoint.
- Clientless Auto-Remediation of Microsoft Vulnerabilities and Anti-Virus, Instant Messaging and Peer-to-peer Applications.
CounterACT is an out-of-band, clientless network access control appliance that delivers business-ready NAC by providing the ability to detect every device, interrogate the device for policy compliance, enforce network security policies and remediate non-compliant systems. This is accomplished without any form of network disruption. CounterACT provides complete pre- and post- connect access control policy enforcement ensuring devices remain fully compliant with network security policies. In addition, CounterACT’s built-in intrusion prevention module ensures the network is always protected from malicious threats no matter where or how a device connects.
About ForeScout Technologies, Inc.
ForeScout specialises in network policy management for enterprises looking to secure their networks without needlessly punishing end users. The company’s network appliances are in service in over 450 enterprises in 37 countries, with customers from Banking, Education, Energy, Financial Services, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Technology and Transportation. Its flagship product, CounterACT™ is the world’s most deployed NAC solution: it is fast and easy for administrators to deploy, manage and maintain and offers users zero-disruption. Headquartered in Cupertino, California, ForeScout has an R&D centre in Tel Aviv, Israel and offers a global sales and support network.
For more about ForeScout and CounterACT, visit www.forescout.com.
+44 (0)1296 394000